Monday 15 September 2008

Upstairs, Brixton


Upstairs is one of my favourite restaurants. Ever. I'm esepcially pleased that it is short bus ride from where I live.

I've been there three times, and it is always the place that I recommend if people want a nice meal in my neck of the woods.

The food is great. Everything I have eaten has been cooked to perfection. Nothing over-complicated, just really good food. Last time I went I started with thinly sliced veal and salad, and then seabream with a caper and shrimp butter. Absolutely delicious! I had the cheese for dessert which was also great (although it would be hard to get cheese wrong...)

What really makes Upstairs so special is:
1. It's location. You just do not expect to find a restaurant that is this good down some side street in Brixton. Just above Opus (a little cafe) you have to ring a buzzer to get in.
2. The service. Quite simply the best service I have had in London. Absolutely spot on.
3. The food. So, so good.

Perfect place for a romantic meal, or a cosy dinner with friends. There's also a great little bar on the first floor.

No comments: