Monday 27 October 2008

Grosvenor Hotel, Chester


My lovely sister bought me afternoon tea at the Grosvenor as a belated birthday present. I may be a tad biased as she works there, but it was certainly the best afternoon tea that I've ever had.
Admittedly I have only had afternoon tea once before, but seeing as that was at the Lanesborough (which was voted as the best place to have afternoon tea) I think it's a fair comparison. Whilst the Lanesborough was stuffy and the sandwiches verged on stale; the Grosvenor was cosy, friendly and the food was delicious.

I think it costs around £30 for the indulgent tea which includes strawberries and cream, a glass of champagne, selection of sandwiches and cakes and scones (oh, and tea, of course). It was a million times better than The Lanesborough - the sandwiches were like biting into air (and the rare roast beef was amazing) and the cakes were unbelievably good.

If you're ever in the area, doing a spot of shopping or some sightseeing then I would highly recommend popping in for a real treat.

No comments: